Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's a......!!!!!!

Healthy Baby!!!!!!!!!! Yup, we're still Team Green.  We didn't cave. 

"Hi Mommy.  I'm having a dance party in here.  Tell the tech, 'just TRY and get a good picture!'"

Seriously, s/he was having a great time moving around in there!   Nevertheless, we still got several photos and the tech was able to get all of the measurements she needed.  Baby is measuring right on target at 20 weeks.  The heart rate is about 150.  I also had my 20 week appointment today.  And I'M measuring right on target in both size and weight.

Patrice, today's midwife is my all time favorite.  I LOVED her!  Seriously, I want her to deliver the baby.  Not only is she absolutely hilarious and the type to set you at ease, but she thinks I'm perfect.  Well, I mean, who am I to argue with THAT? 

But really, every thing is healthy with me.  I don't weigh too much or too little.  I'm not gaining too much or too little.  I exercise regularly, but not over the top crazy exercise.  (I walk, do the elliptical for a bit more intensity and have started yoga.  Running had to go out the window in the first trimester.)  But all that said, I loved her advice of not stressing about the "should and should nots" of pregnancy, but instead, just love each other and the baby, because that's the best thing we can do for the baby.   It was her one sweet moment among many irreverant ones.  :)  Also, I feel like she included Joel in more of the conversation than many of the others have in the past.  But, we'll see.  I don't get to schedule a midwife.  When the baby comes, whomever is working with be the one to deliver - which is why I now rotate through and meet them all. 

Another picture?  Okay!


Maybe I'm biased, but those are two of the cutest little feet that I've ever seen.


Half way there!  I can't believe it.  Time has flown by and I assume will continue to do so.  In the couple of months we have two trips planned, my parents coming into town, and other minor (but exciting) things coming up.  Then it will be summer and I'll really have to get into gear getting baby stuff ready.  I feel really lucky to have had such an easy pregnancy so far.  I hope it continues as things get busier!  

Baby Stats for you (as this child is kicking me!  wow!):
-Weighing in at 10.2 ozs and measuring at about 6.5 inches, this baby is about the size of a cantaloupe.
-Has working taste buds
-Baby is gulping down several ozs of amniotic fluid each day.

(Is it weird that these last two facts go together?  While I'm intensely curious what those taste buds are tasting, I have to be honest... I'd never want to try tasting amniotic fluid!)

Happy Thursday to you all.

1 comment:

  1. I love baby feet/toes!! So adorable. Thrilled that you are enjoying this journey. And that midwife is right - just keeping loving each other, laughing with each other and that little one is gonna have a great life.

    ReplyDelete