Thursday, August 9, 2012

Feelin' the Love

I think I've mentioned a time or two - but I've been really lucky to have such an easy pregnancy as pregnancies go.  What I haven't mentioned nearly as much as I should have, is how much support I've had from the two other Fortners in the house: Joel and Belle.

Okay - Belle - not so much actual support... but a lot of puppy love.  Take the other day for example.  Wherever I went, she went.  All. day. long.  She even followed me when I'd go to the bathroom.  It was very sweet actually.  She just wanted to be snuggled up with her mommy.  At one point, Joel was home, working on the computer and I ran over to our apartment office to find out a couple of things.  Apparently, Belle sat at the door whining and crying for her mommy.  Joel likes to point out that he saved her from the pet store, but deep down, I still think Belle loves me better.


Joel, however, has taken being a great husband to a whole new level.  He rubs my back when it is hurts (which is quite often lately).  He brings me flowers just because (see above).  If I ever ask him to do something his response is always along the lines of "of course."  And he does it.  Soon after being asked.  He cooks amazing dinners.  He tells me to rest when I feel like I should be doing something productive.   I could go on, but the bottom line is that I am spoiled.  I won't lie.  I love it.  :)  Dawne Fortner, you did a great job raising your son! 

That said - I'm not feeling the love from everyone.  As I came home yesterday, the maintenance guy at our complex asked me, "so how much longer?"  I told him another month.  He goes "REALLY??? But you're SO BIG right NOW!"  Okay - yeah, I laughed.  It's true.  My belly is huge.  I've been asked many times if we are having twins.  Nope.  I've been asked "so - any day, huh?"  Nope.  I can't help it.   I have a short torso.  I completely blame my father's side of the family.  But what can you do?  Nothing - so the baby grows out and my belly is big.  It's what it is. 

However, it is causing those aforementioned back aches - more and more.  So, within the last week, I've finally hit the "yeah- I'm kinda ready to have this baby now" feeling.  Besides - this whole not knowing is killin' me.  I wanna know who it is that I've been carrying around for 8ish months! 

Anyway - next week I'm considered full term.  Woo hoo.  If the baby is so inclined to come, the doctors won't try to stop it.  And even if the baby doesn't feel like coming on time, it will still only be 5 1/2 weeks from now before they induce.  One month seems like it's so close and so far away all at once.  I'm kind of glad for the month though, because there is still a lot that we don't have.  Which reminds me.  I got online to order stuff, and instead, I'm writing to you all. 

Alright - my 34 week picture is from my baby shower.  Unfortunately, my friend Katie (who was one of the hostesses) took the photos and I don't have them from her yet.  (Beautiful shower by the way!)

So here is my 35 week picture.  At 34 weeks, the baby can start recognizing and responding to short melodies.  So, we've been trying to get Belle to bond with the baby.   The results are fairly entertaining.  I didn't realize until just now that this picture is so dark.  Oh well, I guess you don't get to see my gargantuan belly so well this week.  There's always next time.  Personally, I think this picture is all about Belle anyway. 


Baby stats at 36 weeks:
-Weighs almost 6 lbs
-More than 18.5 inches long
-Baby is head down!  YAY!  (This was confirmed with a sonogram this morning.) 
-Most systems (circulation, immune, etc) are in working order now
-Skin is smooth and soft

1 comment:

  1. YAY for baby's head being down!! YAY, God, for such a wonderful answer to prayer. And, don't listen to those people, MB - you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete