Yesterday was a fantastic day. Joel and I went to my 12 week appointment and got to hear our baby's heartbeat... for a second time. With that appointment past, I felt a huge sense of relief and excitement. I'd been excited prior to the appointment, but with a side of worry and stress. That appointment wiped all the stress completely away.
Last year we went through a couple of miscarriages. Consequently, this pregnancy has been accompanied by many visits to the doctor to have my blood drawn again and again to make sure everything was progressing properly. Prior to each visit, I'd be incredibly nervous, but with each result, I became more relaxed and confident. Now that we've had a successful ultrasound, a great 12 week appointment, and we're nearing the end of the first trimester, I finally feel like this is really going to happen - and I'm really excited!
As for this pregnancy, it's been pretty easy. Weeks 9 & 10 were a bit rough - especially with the nausea. But thankfully, that seems to be improving. I'm still exhausted fairly easily and I've already experienced mood swings. However, I've had more energy than I expected and am able to work out most days. I really haven't had too many cravings, but I have developed a much bigger sweet tooth. And with one exception, I've had no food aversions. The only thing I can't stand the smell of? Wine. Since I'm not supposed to drink it anyway, I suppose it's just as well.
Next week will be our second ultrasound already! Stay tuned for pictures...
MB
No comments:
Post a Comment